Tuesday, February 1, 2011

right now

As normal a ton has been on my mind lately. I'm definitely not saying that thinking is one of my strong points, but i've been doing a ton of it lately. It's been all across the board, from crunching numbers at work on my food cost and labor, to what is God's will for my life. This year is definitely a year of changes for me. I've created some really good habits. So far this year i have not missed a single day of getting into God's word and digging deeper, praying and thinking about what He is trying to say to me through what was written thousands of years ago. What kind of application is in it right now. 
There are so many similarities to the modern church and the way Israel was back in the day. We worship other Gods, even when we know God has provided for us and blessed us. Now, I'm not saying we bow down to images of wood or stone, that would be all kinds of awkward. Could you imagine walking into a church and seeing people bow down and pray to a statue? Just doesn't make sense to me. But at the same time we do put things and people before God. For some it might be a job, a spouse, a car, a house, money, and the list goes on. A idol is anything we put before God.  I just hope we don't end up with a wake up call like Judah and Israel got in the OT. Not pretty. 

God has given us a ton of chances to focus on Him.  He has given us amazing churches to fellowship with other believers and worship Him (cough fellowship church in glen mills, check it out, it will change your view of church) and He has given us the Bible to teach us not to make the same mistakes others have made before us. Little disclaimer I am one of those people who made their own mistakes without learning from others. Not the way you want to go. Trust me, read and learn.
As I read now I feel like I was so dumb for not understanding earlier. Maybe it was because I didn't see it, maybe it was because I didn't want to, but this is the truth "So you must be brave. Don’t give up! God will honor you for obeying him." http://bible.us/2Chr15.7.CEV DUH instructions don't get much easier than that, but if you need more "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."http://bible.us/Jer29.11.NIV84 . Oh still want more "I am sure that what we are suffering now cannot compare with the glory that will be shown to us." http://bible.us/Rom8.18.CEV

So that's just a little taste of what God has been teaching me the past few weeks. So i'll leave you with this last rambling thought. There are two views you can take with Jesus 1. He's nuts and the Bible is a bunch of stories, orrrr (the right one) 2. He is I am

confessions

No comments:

Post a Comment