Sunday, February 6, 2011

Toxic

So the current series at church is called toxic and, as it always does, has really been making me examine my own thoughts and actions. Toxic, just hearing makes me think of nuclear waste, and that's how dangerous toxic thoughts and toxic actions can be in our lives. I've spent tome thinking and realized that at some points in my life I've been a toxic person. I also realized that at the times I was toxic were times I was struggling in my walk with God. Coincidence? I think not. The best way to keep ourselves from being toxic is to be filled with the Holy Spirit and thinking about things that honor God. Philippians 4:8 says "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things." it's kinda hard to have toxic thoughts if this is what you're focused on.

God has been doing a lot of work in my life and heart and He has been drawing me closer to Him on a daily basis. I've felt His presence and love in ways I never thought could happen. All because I asked Him to be all that I need. I had said it before and asked Him before, bit always held little (toxic) things back. This year I've committed to being a better man of God. I've given everything and everyone over to God, because when I tried to do it without Him the outcome was very toxic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming perfection and from my blog name you can know what I've thought before. But I believe this with all my heart. I'm forgiven. When God looks at me He doesn't see my mistakes. He sees a child of His eager to do His will.

Lastly, just because you've messed up before doesn't mean you should continue to mess up. God's forgiveness is real. Let it work in your life and run from the stupid things you do or have done. I pray that I can hold myself to the high standards of being a authentic Christ follower.

Confessions

No comments:

Post a Comment