Thursday, February 17, 2011

Parenthood

There are a ton of reasons for me choosing this as my blog title today. One is that I am a parent. If you know anything about me you know that I have two of the most beautiful little girls in the world, who I love very much. I can't remember a single day in their lives that I haven't talked to them. I think about them constantly and I make all my decisions with then in mind. How might my next choice affect my girls. I'll say one more thing before I get into the real why I'm writing this. I was paid, what I honestly consider to be the highest compliment I have ever received a few months ago. One of my best friends wives told him that you can tell how much I love my daughters by how I interact with them. Seriously when he told me I cried. I always wonder if I'm doing a good enough job, and to have someone who I have a lot of respect for say that floored me. God knew I needed to hear it. It's great how He gives us affirmation at times.

So the main reason I'm writing this is because I'm focused on Gods best for my life. Which translates to me wanting Gods best for Anna and Sadie too. What I have always known, but sometimes lose sight of. Is how important my role as a father is to them. Their view of their heavenly Father starts with their view of me as their father. And to be honest it kinda freaks me out. I want each of my daughters to have a real and intimate relationship with the God that
I have recklessly fallen in love with. And the best way for me to do that is to love them the same way I love God, with reckless abandon. By letting them know how important they are to me.
Not only is their view of God affected by how they view me, but their whole view of men and the future role other men will play in their lives. I don't want my girls running around feeling like they need boys to affirm their beauty or love. I tell my daughters every single day multiple times a day that I love them and they are beautiful. And i wouldn't be doing them justice if I just told them. I have to invest time in them. They need to see and feel that they are truly important to me as well as hear it.

So I want to live my life completely sold out to God, not only because it's the best thing for me, but also because it's the best thing for my daughters. Because they will see my love for God and my love for them. It's the best thing for my church too. And I'm not saying I'm super dad or I'm amazing and great, but I'll be honest it's the best thing for the world too. Because as a father sold out to God I have the opportunity to affect my family for generations to come. I have a chance to leave a profound legacy. One that will see the handwriting of God throughout it.

Ramblings....

No comments:

Post a Comment